It’s that time of the year. The time when everyone comes together to watch one game. The big game. It is a time when people actually like watching commercials. It is a time of fun, and it is a time of food. Lots of food! I might prefer to watch the Puppy Bowl over the actual game, but there is one thing I will always appreciate and that is the food. From hot wings to sliders to dips of every kind, the Super bowl is the second best food holiday to Thanksgiving. Yes I just said that, and yes I believe it. I planned to make my Buffalo Ranch Dip for a friend’s party but decided I wanted to put a new spin on the original recipe. These Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers combine all the goodness of buffalo wings into a bite-sized jalapeño popper! A crumble of pork rinds give these Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers the perfect extra crunch!
I have a whole spread of Super bowl bites to choose from on my blog: BBQ Chicken Dip, Caribbean Jerk Wings, Spicy Pepper Wings and Poblano Pumpkin Chili. Did you just finish the January Whole30? Keep up the good work with these 30 Whole30 Super Bowl Snacks!
Who are you guys cheering for? Since my Chiefs are out, I am cheering on the Broncos because I love Peyton Manning. How could you not?! He could retire, but instead he just keeps giving it his all! I love that kind of perseverance and passion. No matter if it is pro-football, cooking or anything else, being passionate about what you do is so important. I love creating new recipes and sharing them here on Plaid and Paleo. Every comment, Instagram mention and social share brightens my day, and it makes me even more excited to share more recipes!
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 8 jalapeños
- 1/4 cup homemade mayo, or Primal Kitchen Paleo Mayo
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- 5 oz canned chicken, drained and shredded
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil cashews in two cups of water for 30 minutes.
- While cashews are cooking, cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and deseed.
- Once cashews are done, place cashews into your blender with 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid, mayo and hot sauce until smooth.
- Pour sauce into bowl with shredded chicken and mix until fully combined.
- Scoop buffalo chicken into jalapeño cavities. Top with crushed pork rinds.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.