I love spicy food! One of my favorite dishes is buffalo wings. Yum. Sometimes I like to push my spicy boundaries, and sometimes it backfires badly. Pre-Whole30, I let a waitress convince me mango habanero wings were only slightly hotter than my usual. As I dug in, the first bite was pure deliciousness. The mango masked the spice, and they tasted a little sweet. Fast forward about 30 seconds and the burn started to set in. Then the burn didn’t go away, it just intensified. My lips burned for a good 30 minutes after eating my four wings. I couldn’t even handle anymore! This buffalo ranch dip isn’t that intense, but it definitely packs a kick!
So somehow I missed that New Girl was back on. I don’t keep up with a lot of TV shows, but I love New Girl. I feel like Jess and I are kindred spirits. All that is missing is three male roommates. Just kidding. That is my worst nightmare! Anyways, I evidently missed three episodes and spent last night catching up. I’m still getting used to having cable. Even though I only have a couple shows I watch, I have no clue when most are on live. I am very excited to actually watch the Superbowl this year! I missed it last year, which was the first time in almost a decade. This buffalo ranch dip would be amazing at any Superbowl party, and no one will ever know it is paleo! If you like this recipe, check out my BBQ Chicken Dip!
- 13 oz can organic chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup paleo mayo, recipe to follow
- 2 tbls easy ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, I used tessemae’s
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbls meyer lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup macadamia nut oil or light tasting olive oil
- To make your mayo, you will need an immersion blender.
- Crack egg into tall jar wide enough to fit your immersion blender.
- Squeeze in lemon juice. Pour in oil and let egg settle to bottom of jar.
- Place blender into the jar until it hits the bottom.
- Blend for 30 seconds then slowly pull the blender up until all the oil is incorporated about 30 more seconds.
- Make sure you turn the blender off before pulling it out of the jar.
- You will only need 1/2 of this portion for the recipe. Save the remaining in an airtight container. It is good for a week after the date on your egg carton.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Boil cashews in two cups of water for 30 minutes.
- While cashews are cooking combine all other ingredients. Once cashews are done, place cashews into your blender and mix until smooth with 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Fold in cashew cream with other ingredients.
- Place into small casserole dish or large ramekin.
- Cook for 20 minutes until top is a little crusty.
- Serve with celery sticks or carrots. Makes about 2 cups.