I love spicy food! One of my favorite dishes is buffalo wings. Yum. Sometimes I like to push my spicy boundaries, and sometimes it backfires badly. Pre-Whole30, I let a waitress convince me mango habanero wings were only slightly hotter than my usual. As I dug in, the first bite was pure deliciousness. The mango masked the spice, and they tasted a little sweet. Fast forward about 30 seconds and the burn started to set in. Then the burn didn’t go away, it just intensified. My lips burned for a good 30 minutes after eating my four wings. I couldn’t even handle anymore! This dip isn’t that intense, but it definitely packs a kick!
So somehow I missed that New Girl was back on. I don’t keep up with a lot of TV shows, but I love New Girl. I feel like Jess and I are kindred spirits. All that is missing is three male roommates. Just kidding. That is my worst nightmare! Anyways, I evidently missed three episodes and spent last night catching up. I’m still getting used to having cable. Even though I only have a couple shows I watch, I have no clue when most are on live. I am very excited to actually watch the Superbowl this year! I missed it last year, which was the first time in almost a decade. This dip would be amazing at any Superbowl party, and no one will ever know it is paleo!
- 13 oz can organic chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup paleo mayo, recipe to follow
- 2 tbls homemade ranch seasoning, recipe to follow
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, I used tessemae’s
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbls meyer lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup macadamia nut oil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To make your mayo, you will need an immersion blender.
- Crack egg into tall jar wide enough to fit your immersion blender.
- Squeeze in lemon juice. Pour in oil and let egg settle to bottom of jar.
- Place blender into the jar until it hits the bottom.
- Blend for 30 seconds then slowly pull the blender up until all the oil is incorporated about 30 more seconds.
- Make sure you turn the blender off before pulling it out of the jar.
- You will only need 1/2 of this portion for the recipe. Save the remaining in an airtight container. It is good for a week after the date on your egg carton.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Boil cashews in two cups of water for 30 minutes.
- While cashews are cooking combine all other ingredients. Once cashews are done, place cashews into your blender and mix until smooth with 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Fold in cashew cream with other ingredients.
- Place into small casserole dish or large ramekin.
- Cook for 20 minutes until top is a little crusty.
- Serve with celery sticks or carrots. Makes about 2 cups.