With the New Year brings the end of football season with the two biggest games of the season! The NCAA National Championship and of course the NFL’s big game! Last night, Alabama was crowded with the college title, but we still have some time until the big game. I’m pumped because my team, the Chiefs, had their first playoff win in 22 years! I say they are my team only because I am a Kansas girl. Now that I really have someone to cheer for in the NFL playoffs, I can’t wait to have friends over to watch the game! Besides Thanksgiving, I am convinced the big game is the next best food holiday! From chicken wings to sliders to dips in every flavor, game day bites are one of my favorite things to make.
In college, I was a big fan of tailgating. While my college was definitely more of a basketball school, I loved tailgating in the fall. There is just something about hanging out with friends all day, grilling up food and showing off our school spirit. Today I prefer “homegating” to tailgating. I can’t wait to prepare my Super Bowl spread of food and have my friends over for the game! I will be serving up these Spicy Pepper Wings along with other goodies. Mezzetta smoky Roasted Bell Peppers mixes with buffalo sauce and homemade ranch seasoning for a smoky, spicy and slightly earthy sauce that coats each wing. I love chicken wings and created new unusual flavors beyond the traditional buffalo sauce. The Mezzetta Roasted Bell Peppers form a finger-licking good sauce for these Spicy Pepper Wings!
- 2 lbs split chicken wings
- 2 tbls ghee, melted
- 1 cup Mezzetta roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tbls Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tbls ranch seasoning
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place wings on a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of the wings with ghee.
- Cook for 20 minutes then flip and cook for 20 more minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour sauce into a medium sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the wings are done, toss with the sauce and serve.
Be sure to enter Mezzetta’s giveaway to win a 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party!
Enjoy and go Chiefs!