I am obsessed with breakfast casseroles! Breakfast casseroles are the best way to start the day. I love them because I made one big breakfast casserole on Sunday, and then eat it throughout the week. If I don’t start my day off with a good breakfast, I find myself starving by mid-morning with lunch not in sight. This Buffalo Chicken Breakfast Casserole is my new favorite breakfast casserole! I love everything buffalo flavored… buffalo ranch dip, buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers, buffalo ranch deviled eggs. You can the point. This Buffalo Chicken Breakfast Casserole combines shredded sweet potato, ground chicken, garlic, scallions and hot sauce for a delicious breakfast with all your favorite buffalo wing flavors!
I had Korean food for the first time this past weekend. I ate bibimbap, duck jook, dweji gable and kimchi arancini. No everything was not paleo. I am not even sure it was gluten-free. Yup sometimes I go all crazy and just eat whatever I want. When I am trying a new cuisine, I want to try everything with no limits. I am now officially obsessed with Korean food, and I can’t wait to make some of these dish paleo! One of my favorite parts was the presentation of the bibimbap. The dish was served in a hot skillet with two poached eggs on a bed of toasted rice, short ribs and toasted veggies. Our served pierced the eggs and incorporated the yolks into the hot dish. This instantly cooked the eggs, bonded everything together and created almost a fried rice dish. It was amazing! So I also got on Snapchat this weekend. Actually I have been on Snapchat for a while but I only use it personally. If you want to see what I’m cooking up or curious about any behind-the-scenes stuff, be sure to follow me on Snapchat at Plaidandpaleo!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup franks hot sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and break apart ground chicken. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place chicken in the bowl with shredded sweet potato and sliced green onions.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, coconut milk and hot sauce.
- Combine chicken mixture with eggs until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 2-3 quart or 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes or until the eggs are set.