February contains one of my all-time favorite holidays! Can you guess what it is?? No, it’s not Valentine’s Day. It’s Groundhog’s Day, which happens to be today! My love of Groundhog’s Day started in high school when I realized I would rather go to school then have a snow day because I hated winter. According to Groundhog’s Day lore, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow then there will be 6 more weeks of winter. It is kind of confusing because it means that it is sunny, which would make you think nice weather is to come, and if it is cloudy then you would think that winter was here to stay. Despite it’s absurdity, I still love the holiday! I like waking up early and eating breakfast while I watch the ceremony unfold!
Today though, I will be talking about the other popular February holiday, Valentine’s Day. While it may not be my favorite holiday, there is something about making homemade Valentine’s and treats for your friends or special someone that I do love. I had a craving for Cinnamon Gummy Bears the other day and knew I needed to make them paleo asap because the red hot flavor would make the perfect Valentine’s treat! I love gummies. I enjoy coming up with fun and creative flavors. Grass-fed gelatin is beneficial for hair and nail strength, which is also a great added benefit. These Cinnamon Gummy Bears have just the right amount of spice and sweetness.
- 1 cup organic apple juice
- 4 tsp cinnamon extract
- 1 tsp beet juice
- 1/4 cup grass-fed gelatin
- In a small sauce pot over medium heat, bring apple cider, cinnamon extract and beet juice to a simmer.
- Place into blender with gelatin and mix until smooth.
- Carefully pour mixtures into silicon molds or a glass 8x8 dish. I used this gummy bear mold, and used the dropper to pour the mixture into the mold.
- Pop into the fridge for two hours.
- Carefully remove from molds and enjoy! Keep refrigerated.