After reading lots of blogs and articles about the benefits of gelatin, I decided to get on the bandwagon. As a longtime sufferer of knee pain, I’d love to homeopathically help my knee rather than relying on pain medication. There are tons of benefits to consuming grass-fed gelatin. You can find out more here. I love how Rach from Meatified article breaks down all the benefits and reasons to use grass-fed gelatin.
I tried two different methods to make my gummies. While both were successful, this one is definitely easier, and I believe fool proof! I made two flavors and can’t wait to make more. I’m pretty sure my body is going through sugar withdrawals, and I am only on day 7 of my Whole30! While I gave up processed sugar more than a year ago, I still relied heavily on honey to satisfy my sweet tooth. These gummies are sweetened purely with fruit, which I really love! It feels like a treat but is truly helping to heal my body. These sour strawberry gummies are a little tart but I like it!
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 1 cup meyer lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- Quarter your strawberries first then measure out the cup. I
- n a small sauce pan, heat strawberries and lemon juice until the strawberries start to release their juice and breakdown.
- Place sauce in the blender and mix until smooth.
- Let cool for a couple minutes and then add in the gelatin.
- Pulse a couple times then pour into molds. I used these cute flower ones.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour. I set mine out in the garage because it is so cold outside!