Ever since I shared my Blueberry Mojito Gummies on The Eighty-Twenty, I’ve been wanting to make another cocktail-inspired gummy recipe. With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, I thought why not make a margarita gummy. I used to love margaritas. It wasn’t a tiny crush or a short affair. Most of my college years were spent sipping margaritas on various patios around my college town. I had the special lists down to a science. I knew which days you went to which restaurants to get $10 pitchers. Margaritas never got old especially when paired with free chips and queso.
As I got older and left my college years behind, I still loved margaritas, but I transitions from the overly sweet frozen concoctions to on the rocks with salt. Thank goodness tequila is somehow paleo “ok.” I’m pretty sure this is just so no one is driven mad by the idea you can’t have another drop of alcohol for the rest of your life.
These gummies are not the adult variety because hey I’m not making grownup jello shots over here. Although that is a great idea! I attempted to add salt to a couple of these but it melted the gummies! Bummer. These strawberry margarita gummies take me back to my college days without the hangover!
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2/3 cup lime juice, 4 limes
- 1 tbls honey
- 4 tbls grass-fed gelatin
- 1/3 cup club soda
- In a small saucepan, combine strawberries and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil then reduce for a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn to low and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple minutes then add honey.
- Transfer mixture to blender and mix until smooth.
- Add in gelatin and pulse until combined.
- Pour in club soda and pulse a couple times until just mixed in.
- Pour into fun molds or 8x8 glass dish and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- I used these summer-themed molds, but I also love these!