Be sure to enter to win a bottle of All-Natural Sunscreen from BeautyCounter. Giveaway ends Friday July 24 @ 5PM CST.
I’m in Thanksgiving countdown mode. Since I was little I’ve spent almost every Thanksgiving on my family’s farm. Both my parents grew up on farms in rural Kansas. Now four generations gather at my mom’s childhood farm to celebrate. While cooking for a large crowd is a little daunting, I’m ready for the challenge. A kind of funny fact is that I didn’t start cooking until a couple years ago. I was actually banned from the kitchen in fear I would burn it down. These fears were completely unwarranted! After a lot of convincing my family allowed me to cook our gigantic turkey. The turkey turned out amazing and since then I feel like I have a bar I need to live up to!
Since my family has a somewhat “destination” Thanksgiving, everyone sticks around a couple days to catch up, hunt and watch a little football. Next to the big Thanksgiving feast, breakfast is the second most important meal! Before the hunters take off into the field, everyone has a filling breakfast. This breakfast casserole is stuffed full of meat, veggies and eggs. Perfect to hold anyone over to a late lunch.
- 1 1/2 lbs breakfast sausage
- 1/2 tbls coconut oil
- 12 eggs
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsip sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 cups power greens (kale, spinach, arugula)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil and add in sausage.
- Brown and break apart with a wooden spoon.
- Beat eggs in extra large bowl.
- Shred sweet potatoes and onion in your food processor. Mix into eggs with seasoning, coconut milk and power greens.
- Grease 9x13 casserole dish with more coconut oil.
- Pour in egg mixture and stir in sausage.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Cover with foil and cook for 10 more minutes or until center is set.