Better late than never. I had all intention of putting this recipe up yesterday, but then life happened and rain happened. Did you know taking pictures when it is raining is the worst? I am considering buying some lights so rain can’t derail my photo days, but I don’t even know where to start. I love using natural light as much as possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
In case you didn’t know, it’s football season! Yes I am have been over the fact that my team sucks but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy watching other teams play. Whenever I’m watching sports or really any TV, I find myself wanting to constantly be snacking, which is not the best habit. I love chips and dip, but you know you open a bag and 5 minutes later the whole thing is gone. How does that even happen? I don’t know but it does. This week instead of overindulging in sweet potato chips and guacamole, I decided to make a veggie dip and serve it with veggies! You get like 5 servings of veggies in one sitting. Okay maybe not that many but you are definitely getting lots of vegetables in.
- 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk, popped into the fridge
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 green onions, just the green part chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion or 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbls dill, chopped
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- Place carrot, celery, green onions, bell pepper, onion and garlic clove into blender or food processor.
- Mix until finely diced.
- Stir in dill, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Scoop cream from top of coconut milk into veggie mixture and stir to combine.
- Place in fridge to set up for 2 hours.
- Serve with veggie slices!