I spent the weekend in Kansas at my alma mater, the University of Kansas. It was a great time with friends in a city that stole my heart years ago. Lawrence, Kansas is the quintessential college town full of students, extreme enthusiasm for sports, tons of bars and its own unique flair. There is nothing better than returning to a city you love and visiting all your old favorite places! One of the first stops on my list was my former water hole of choice, Sandbar. Not often do you find an island themed bar in the middle of landlocked Kansas. With a shark attack in hand, I ventured off to watch the homecoming parade. It is fun to see school pride so readily on display!
This barely counts as a recipe. I got the idea from Pinterest and had some of my veggie dip leftover in my fridge. I am always looking for quick and easy snacks especially around college sports seasons! I love watching college sports. While my school is better known for its basketball program, I still enjoy cheering on our football team. These cucumber roll ups are perfect for game day watch parties or any occasion!
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup veggie dip
- 2 slices applegate turkey deli meat
- Use your veggie peeler to create long “noodles” with the cucumber.
- Take two noodles and overlap them to form one large noodle.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of veggie dip on the cucumber slices then add 1/4 slice of turkey meat.
- Cut cucumber noodles in half then roll each half up.
- You shouldn’t need a toothpick to hold these together, but you can use them if you want!