Who loves Chinese take out? I LOVE Chinese take out, but I really don’t love the questionable ingredients often found in take out food. Today I recreated one of my favorite Chinese take out recipes, Kung Pao Chicken! This Paleo Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken couldn’t be similar. You pretty much put everything into the Instant Pot, set it and forget it. Instant Pot Kung Pao combines fresh veggies and a hint of spice for a delicious and filling Chinese fake out!
I wasn’t kidding when I said I love Chinese take out. If you are looking for other paleo Chinese take out recipes, look no further. I have Crockpot Beef & Broccoli, General Tso’s Cauliflower, Gyoza Bites, Cauliflower Pork Fried Rice, Sweet and Sour Stir fry, Beef a la Sichuan and Chow Mein. See I was being serious. I love Chinese food, even if it is the American version.
I recently discovered one of my old favorite shows, Top Chef. This show is the best! I haven’t really watched since the Las Vegas season, where Michael Voltaggio won. My love of the show stretched into my real life when I moved next to Voltaggio’s new restaurants ink and ink.sack. Not only was I immediately taken to the fresh flavors and insane cooking techniques, ink.sack happily wrapped up any sandwich in lettuce! Back to the show, I recently fell in love with chef Gregory Gourdet. After hearing a few paleo people talk about his restaurant Departure in Portland, I have been dying to eat there! While getting to Portland is a trek, Gourdet recently opened a second location in Denver, and I am going this weekend! I am freaking out a bit and trying not to fan girl, but I can’t wait to dive into the chef’s delicious Asian cuisine.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minces
- 1 tbls white whine vinegar
- 4-6 dried chiles, broken apart
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Pour in coconut aminos, chicken broth, garlic voles and white wine vinegar into Instant Pot.
- Put chicken into pot and stir to cover with sauce.
- Place on the top and make sure the vent is on “sealing.” Press “Manual” and set time to 15 minutes.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, do a quick release and remove the lid.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and add in the bell pepper, zucchini and cashews.
- Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reduces and the veggies are tender.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and a sprinkle of green onions.