My first Instant Pot recipe!! I have been loving using my Instant Pot since I got it for Christmas and experimenting with new recipes. I’ve already made these Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs three times! My sister even made them for her 4 kids, and they all gave the Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs a thumbs up. I used dark cherries to sweeten the BBQ sauce without adding any other sugar. I love how the cherries pair with tart tomato sauce to create a delicious tangy BBQ sauce. My other new favorite is hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot. My favorite part is that you simply set it then forget it. It gives me time to do other chores around the house without feeling like I am stuck in the kitchen.
We are halfway through February, and I can’t believe it. I flew to Oklahoma this weekend for a quick trip for my baby niece’s first birthday. This weekend I head to Denver then the next week I fly to a much needed vacation in Las Vegas! Phew. It is a packed few weeks, but I am excited to do a little traveling and a whole lot of relaxing! While the weather is gorgeous in Phoenix, I can’t wait to layout in Vegas and soak up some of that desert sun. Even more exciting, I am reuniting with my friends from my Europe vacation 3 years ago! I can’t believe we all met as strangers, but now we talk all the time. We are a hilarious trio since none of us are from the same country! An Australian, Canadian and American meet in Europe then reunite in Vegas. Is there any must-sees or must dos in Vegas? I have only been for a 24-hour trip 5 years ago.
- 1 tbls ghee
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (8 oz) organic tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups organic frozen dark cherries
- 1 tbls stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, minced
- Turn Instant Pot on and press the “Sauté” button, then add ghee to pot.
- Once ghee is melted, add in onions and sauté until translucent then add in garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add in remaining Cherry BBQ Sauce ingredients, select the “Manual” button and set the time for 5 minutes.
- While the BBQ cooks, mix together meatball ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to create uniform meatballs, then roll between your palms and set onto a cookie sheet. Creates 16-17 meatballs.
- Place cookie sheet into fridge.
- Once the pressure cooker hits zero, do a quick release. After all the steam releases, remove the lid.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and spoon the sauce over all the meatballs.
- Press the “Manual” button again, and set to 5 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooker hits zero, do a quick release again then remove the meatballs.
- Set pressure cooker to “Sauté”, and reduce sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.