Guess what today is? Plaid & Paleo’s Fourth Anniversary! Four years ago, I launched a little blog as simply a way to stay accountable to eating healthy. I mainly made other people’s recipes and posted terrible photos from my iPhone with a link to that blogger’s site. I never dreamed I would be creating my own recipes someday! While that wasn’t the initial plan, I wouldn’t trade the path I took to get here for anything. I love coming up with new and interesting recipes every week like these Paleo Strawberry Bites with Vanilla Cream. Not only are these little strawberry bites delicious, but they also make the perfect Fourth of July snack! Tiny bites of red, white and blue. Sweet strawberries topped with vanilla whipped cream and dotted with tangy blueberries make the perfect combination for these Paleo strawberry bitesFour years! Four years of recipes. Four years of ups and downs. Four years of flops and tears. Four years of wins and celebration. It has been a crazy four years. I’ve created almost 400 recipes over the past four years. I can’t even believe there are that many on my blog! I am planning on going through some of my old favorite recipes and updating the photos. I’m embarrassed that some of those photos are even still live because they are so bad. I am talking red plates, green chevron backdrop, spotlights and a iPhone 4. Sometimes I do like going back into old posts and seeing how far I’ve come with my food photography. Food photography is definitely an art form. I am always looking for ways to improve my photography even now. While I love my iconic blue board, I am thinking about switching things up with a new photo surface! What do you think?
- 13.5oz can coconut milk
- 2 tsp grass-fed gelatin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15-20 strawberries, depending on size
- 30-40 organic blueberries, about a 4 oz package
- Sprinkle gelatin over coconut milk in a small sauce pot and let bloom for a couple minutes.
- Once the gelatin has bloomed, turn on the heat slightly, add vanilla extract and whisk until gelatin is dissolved.
- Refrigerate until set for about 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and whip with a hand mixer.
- Return to fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut strawberries in half lengthwise.
- Place vanilla whipped cream into a pipping bag with a star tip.
- Pipe a small dollop of vanilla cream onto each strawberry half and top with 2 blueberries.