While it might be summer break for kids, in the adult world there is no such thing as summer break, unfortunately. I made these paleo Italian Lettuce Wraps and packed them in my new Rover lunchbox from PlanetBox for work. I eat lunch at my desk most days. I know this is considered a big no-no in the health blogger realm, but it means I get to work one less hour at the end of the day! Anyways, I packed myself these Italian Lettuce Wraps and paired them with carrot and cucumber slices, homemade trail mix and a special treat- a date stuffed with shredded coconut! Everything fit perfectly into all the different compartments of the Rover. Lunch at the office isn’t so bad when it’s easy, healthy and delicious!
So my months of traveling continue. After spending the weekend back in the Midwest with my family, I headed to Los Angeles with my boyfriend for the perfect relaxing and fun time. We spent the weekend reliving all my favorite things about Los Angeles and West Hollywood. It was so much fun reminiscing about the years I lived there and going back to my favorite restaurants and places. It seems like a lifetime ago but it was really just a few years ago. I love Los Angeles, and it will always hold a part of my soul. I feel at home there in a way I have never felt home anywhere else. This weekend I am off to Mexico! My first time leaving the country since my Europe trip, and I couldn’t be more excited. I am going for my work, and it is a full weekend of relaxation, boozy sips and delicious dining. I’ll try to post a bit on social media, but if I am MIA that is where I am!
- 6 large Organic leafy romaine leaves, ends cut off
- 1/4 lb thin-sliced Genoa salmi
- 1/4 lb thin-sliced smoked ham
- 4 dill pickle sandwich slices
- Hot cherry peppers, seeds removed, optional
- 2 tbls paleo mayo, I used Primal Kitchen
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Lay two romaine leaves down on a cutting board overlapping halfway lengthwise. You will make 3 of these pairs of 2.
- Spread Italian mayo evenly onto the 3 pairs of leaves.
- Place two pieces of salami and one piece of smoked ham onto each of the 3 pairs of leaves.
- Put one dill pickle and two hot cherry peppers onto each of the 3 pairs of leaves.
- Tightly roll the lettuce wraps up lengthwise, parallel to the lettuce spine. Eat as is or cut into 1-inch slices.
Thank you PlanetBox for sending me the Rover to try! All opinions are my own, and I only promote brands I love and use.