It is finally feeling like fall in Arizona. A gloomy weekend full of clouds and sprinkles, left me feeling lazy and wanting to curl up on the couch and Netflix binge. While I did dive deep into the show The Crown, I also cooked up some new tasty recipes, cleaned my apartment and got my Thanksgiving shopping done. All in all, it turned out to be very productive despite the weather. This Paleo Sausage and Fennel Spaghetti Squash Pasta turned out better than I could have hoped! I love fennel, but I had never actually cooked with the ingredient! I actually had to look up a YouTube video on how to chop it up. Here is the video if any of you are wondering. This Paleo Sausage and Fennel Spaghetti Squash Pasta combines simple ingredients for an easy and delicious healthy fall dinner!
Ok back to The Crown. Who is watching? I am fascinated about the early life of Queen Elizabeth II. It blows my mind that she has been queen since she was 25, and she is now 90! Sixty-five years! While the monarchy’s power has lessen over those 65 years, it is still quite outstanding that one woman has reigned for so long. Also she is so adorable now in her bright outfits and hats. I keep fact checking parts in the show because I can’t help myself. There was so much drama and scandal in the 1950s! I’m about 7 episodes in and not wanting it to end. I will probably re-watch the show once I finished. Does anyone else do this? Binge on a show then rematch it to catch any pieces that you missed?! Maybe I am just weird. Anyways, I’m off to watch more of The Crown and finish prepping my Thanksgiving timeline!
- 2-3 lb spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 2 cups fresh fennel, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbls chicken broth
- 8 oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cook spaghetti squash on a baking sheet rind side up for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove spaghetti squash from oven and turn oven.
- Once cooled, run a fork lengthwise on the spaghetti squash to create noodles.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, Brown and break apart Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add fennel, onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Pour in the chicken broth to deglaze the pan and scrap up any stuck on bits.
- Stir in sundries tomatoes.
- Scoop sausage mixture into spaghetti squash boats and serve!