It is still hot in Arizona. I feel like a broken record complaining about the heat but thankfully I have been finding fun ways to beat the heat. Mainly I have been relying heavily on no-cook meals or going outside as quick as I can to grill. While this Southwest Chicken Salad does require a little cooking, I know it would also be awesome if you subbed the chicken breast for any leftover chicken! After making my Southwest Ranch Dip a couple months ago, I’ve been obsessed with it and keep making it. I realized that it would make an amazing base for chicken salad instead of the traditional mayo. I added in a generous helping of diced red bell pepper to give this Southwest Chicken Salad an extra crunch!
Even though it is over 100 almost every day, I have been keeping hydrated and enjoying a couple hours at the pool each weekend! I love catching some rays, but I absolutely have to use sunscreen if I don’t want to turn into a lobster. I have been loving the new Beautycounter Protect All-Over Large Sunstick. This stick is awesome for quick sunscreen application for your body. As someone who is super picky when it comes to what goes in and on my body, I wanted to be honest with you. I have been using Beautycounter sunscreen for a year before I decided to start sharing about it. I wanted to be 100% positive I could recommend this brand, and I can wholeheartedly say it is amazing! If you have any questions about Beautycounter, feel free to shoot me an email email@example.com! Now if it would just cool off a bit, I could spend the whole day by the pool!
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup southwest ranch dip
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with seasoning.
- Place chicken into a greased dish and cook for 18-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken with southwest ranch dip and diced bell pepper.