Guys! So I heard I was moving to Arizona at the worst possible time because it regularly gets above 100 degrees and even up to 120 degrees for most of the summer! While I am melting in the heat, it hasn’t stopped me from firing up the grill and enjoying one of my favorite parts of summer. I have been grilling everything from kabobs to steak to burgers and now sweet potatoes! These Grilled Sweet Potato Fries are definitely staying in my grilling rotation! My biggest grilling tip is to always clean your grill! Nothing ruins a dish more than remnants of last weeks dish! So turn your grill as high as it will go, close the lid and wait. Then use a grill brush to clean off all the charred bits! Easy as that.
I am obsessed with dips. From salsa to guacamole to hummus, I am obsessed with all types of dips. This Southwest Roasted Red Pepper Dip combines my favorite Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers with tahini paste, fresh cilantro, lemon juice and a dash of chipotle chili powder for spice! This zesty Southwest Roasted Red Pepper Dip perfectly pairs with the Grilled Sweet Potato Fries for an awesome side at any backyard BBQ! Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers one of my favorite ways to add a huge pack of flavor to lots of dishes.
What is your favorite thing to grill?
- 3/4 cup Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 tbls lemon juice
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, short and skinny work best
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredient in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Place sweet potatoes in boiling water and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from water and let cool slightly.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise then cut each half into 3-4 wedges.
- Heat grill to high heat, about 400-450 degrees.
- Toss sweet potato wedges with olive oil.
- Place sweet potatoes on hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve with Southwest Roasted Red Pepper Sauce!