If you aren’t following me on Instagram, you may not have heard the big news… I am moving! I am very excited about a new opportunity in a new state. My apartment is in boxes and I make the big move this weekend. Things have been crazy around here but I still found time to make an awesome new recipe just in time for Memorial Day. When I was growing up, my mom made this amazing cheeseburger salad. That salad sparked the idea for my Bacon Ranch Burger Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing. My ranch seasoning is doing double duty in this recipe. The bacon ranch burger lie on a bed of chopped organic romaine lettuce, tossed with grape tomatoes, crispy bacon and a drizzle of tangy avocado ranch dressing.
I might be a little MIA in the next week or so because of my move. Moving semi-cross country for the second time is a little crazy. I am on to living in my 4th state. I don’t think a lot of people can say they have lived in 4 states before 30. I love starting fresh and exploring a new city. This is the 3rd time I’ve moved knowing almost no one. As an introvert, this should scare me, but for some reason it thrills me. I can’t wait to try all the food in my new city. I am already in love with the city and can’t wait to call it my home! It is going to be a hot summer. I already have so many summer dish ideas, and I am excited to get cooking in my new kitchen. The kitchen is light and bright with a view of mountains! There definitely isn’t mountains in Oklahoma. It is going to be a big change, but totally wroth it.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbls ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tbls ranch seasoning
- 1 tbls apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crispy
- Organic romaine hearts, chopped
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form into 6-8 small burgers.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium , cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook another 4-5 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Toss chopped romaine with sliced grape tomatoes and chopped bacon. Top with ranch burgers and a drizzle of avocado ranch dressing!