The day is finally here! The idea of Paleo for One has been swimming around my head for more than a year, but I was too nervous to put my idea into action until this summer. This summer I committed to making Paleo for One happen because I truly believe in the idea. Since going paleo, I have always lived alone, and I wanted to show how easy it is to cook healthy food for one person! Truthfully the title is a bit misleading because this is actually a great book for couples because the portions are quite large.
Paleo for One features 45 brand new recipes! The cookbook is split into two sections. The first section shows you how to cook one large cut of meat and then remix it into 4 different recipes to eat throughout the week. The second section is small portion breakfasts, mains, side dishes, desserts and condiments. You can buy your copy here!
In honor of the release day, I am sharing my Spicy Breakfast McMuffins. Filled to the brim with spicy Italian sausage and veggies for a filling on-the-go breakfast. I love taking one or two of these mcmuffins with me to work. Can’t have eggs? Paleo for One features 36 egg-free recipes! You can check out the complete Table of Contents here! Paleo for One caters to many different diets.
- 1/2 pound hot italian sausage
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/2 cup onion, small diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Coconut oil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease 10 silicon liners with coconut oil.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove from pan.
- In sausage fat, add in diced onion, bell pepper, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Remove from heat and let cool with sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and coconut milk until frothy.
- Once sausage mixture has come to room temperature combine with eggs.
- Use an ice cream scoop to evenly divide into 10 liners.
- Cook for 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.