I couldn’t decide if this recipe was more like mousse or yogurt. I decided on yogurt just because I don’t exactly see this dish as a dessert. If you are a yogurt lover than this Mango Strawberry Yogurt is sure to hit the spot! I used to love yogurt but being lactose intolerant doesn’t make eating yogurt very fun.
When I got back from Greece last year, I craved Greek yogurt. For some reason the dairy in Europe didn’t bother me. It was the craziest thing! I came back to America thinking I’d been cured of my dairy issues. After diving spoon first into Greek yogurt stateside, I discovered I was far from cured. This past year I’ve tried numerous yogurts to see if any would work for me. I finally came to the conclusion that I just needed to give up or make my own. So I decided to make my own! The best part of this mango strawberry yogurt is it is not only dairy-free but you don’t need a yogurt machine or a yogurt starter.
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 mangos, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 2 tbls maple syrup, divided
- shredded coconut, optional for topping
- Sprinkle gelatin over coconut milk in a small sauce pot and let bloom for a couple minutes.
- Once the gelatin has bloomed, turn on the heat slightly and whisk until gelatin is dissolved.
- Refrigerate until set for about 4 hours.
- Divide gelled coconut milk into two even halves.
- In a blender, combine half gelled coconut milk, mango and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- In a blender, combine remaining half gelled coconut milk, strawberries and remaining tablespoon of maple syrup.
I used my blenders individual attachments to cut down on the cleanup.