This weekend was exhausting. Three of my five nieces and nephew celebrated their birthdays this weekend! That is a lot of parties crammed into three days. To make it even more fun, I helped decorate all of their cakes. At some point in the not so distant past, my family discovered I have a strange talent for decorating cakes. If I happened to be home for one of my niece’s birthday, you can guarantee I helped with the cake. This year my sister had some big ideas for the cakes. I ended up decorating a 3-D Barbie cake, a 26 cupcake cake formed into a princess dress, a mustache shaped cake and a layered plaid and mustache cake. That is a lot of cake for three little kids! I tried a little of each even though I paid for it later. Gluten and sugar are really not my friends.
When I wasn’t covered in frosting creating my next masterpiece, I put together this super simple italian chicken dish. You pour everything into a bag, marinate then cook the chicken. It couldn’t be easier! I paired mine with grilled squash from my farmers market for a perfect summer dinner!
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbls white wine vinegar
- 1 tbls dried oregano
- 1 tbls coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbls dried parsely
- 1/2 tbls garlic powder
- 1/2 tbls onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bag then add chicken.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease large glass pan with coconut oil or ghee.
- Place chicken into pan and try not to overlap.
- Cook for 20 minutes then flip and cook for 10 more minutes. Broil for 2 minutes on each side.