I learned so much at Paleo fx this past weekend. I am really want to start eating more variety. I ate chicken and turkey for so many years. It has been a transition to simply add read meat and a little pork back in my diet. After attending many of the sessions on the autoimmune protocol, I realized my diet is not as rounded as I’d like to think. I’m want to start eating liver even though the thought makes me gag a little. After I get back from Europe, I plan to do a full evaluation of my diet and see where there are any holes.
So I planned to leave Austin yesterday and get home in plenty of time to write my post. Unfortunately traffic had other plans for me. The entire highway I was traveling on was closed due to an accident. My GPS decided this would be a good time to stop working. Two hours later and one tour of Fort Worth, I finally made it through Dallas. Needless to say, I will be flying the next time I go to Austin!
I really wanted to make carrot cake cupcakes then remembered I’m not the best baker. Instead I put all the yummy flavors of carrot cake into a no bake ball. These are so easy to make. I settle my craving for carrot cake without turning on the oven. Makes about 20.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tbls flax meal
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 ginger
- 1/8 nutmeg
- 1/8 sea salt
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 tbls vanilla extract
- 1 large carrot grated, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, for rolling
- In a blender or food processor, pulse together pecans, flax, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and sea salt until coarsely ground.
- Next add in the dates, raisins, vanilla and carrot. Blend until well combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form uniform balls.
- Roll in the unsweetened coconut then set onto a lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.