Bonus recipe for St. Paddy’s Week on Plaid and Paleo. If you couldn’t tell, I’m very excited about this celebration. While St. Paddy’s Day isn’t nearly as crazy as Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I’ve been promised plenty of parades and celebration! I’m always up for a good holiday that involves a little daytime party. So far my time in the Big Easy has been absolutely incredible. I love exploring new places and sampling their culture and of course food.
Last week, I mentioned on instagram I bought some matcha green tea powder. I was super excited to use it and thought why not put it in a cookie! I’m pretty excited how these cookies turned out. Not just for the fun color, but the light notes of green tea that pair perfectly with the dark chocolate centers.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbls matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbls coconut oil,melted
- 2 tbls coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse together almond flour, green tea, salt and baking soda.
- Next mix in coconut oil, nectar and vanilla until dough comes together.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 1 tablespoon-sized balls onto a lined baking sheet. I used my silpat!
- Make indentions in the center of the balls with your thumb. Don’t press too hard. You just want to make a nice dip for your chocolate.
- Place 3-4 chocolate chips into each divot.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cookies are done, use the back of a small spoon blend chocolate chips together. I patted down twice then swirled.
- Let cool on the baking sheet.