I feel like it has been forever since I did a vegetable post. Okay so I did post the bloomin’ onion a couple days ago. Evidently my memory isn’t to hot right now. I blame the weather. I’ve lost track of my days with all the snow. Well anyways, I usually try to include a veggie in every one of my meals except I have fallen into a little bit of a rut. I love brussels sprouts, but I tend to just roast them up with a little ghee, salt and pepper.
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, stems cut off and cut in half
- 1 tbls ghee, melted
- 1 anaheim pepper, chopped
- 3 tbls honey
- 1 in fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 3 tbls lemon juice
- 3 tbls fish sauce, I use red boat
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss brussels sprouts with melted ghee.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- While sprouts are roasting, mix all remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- After the 20 minutes, toss brussels sprouts with sauce and roast an additional 15 minutes.
- Stir then finish roasting for another 10-15 minutes until sprouts are crispy.