I’m pretty sure I am still in the Texas state of mind. I walked outside in shorts yesterday only to realize it was in the 30s. Boo winter. Can’t you be over already? Thank goodness it is just three more weeks until spring. In the two days since I posted about wanting to go to Paleo f(x), I made up my mind to take the plunge and go! I got great feedback from others going who said how much fun it is. I sometimes get nervous going to big events by myself, but I am so excited to meet other paleo people! Austin has a ton of paleo-friendly restaurants I wasn’t able to try on my short trip, which I will for sure be hitting up in April.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 chilis in adobo
- 1 tbls tomato paste
- 1 tbls rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 lime juiced
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot then pour in marinade.
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or low for 5.
- Then shred chicken with two forks.
- Return to crockpot, toss with remaining sauce and cook on low for 30 more minutes.
- Chicken is great by itself or in lettuce wraps!
- Serves 2-3.