I’m halfway done with Whole30. I feel like I’ve rounded a major bend and can see the light at the end. I’d like to say Whole30 has been a breeze, but it wouldn’t be the truth. I really like honey, like really like it! So far I’ve realized I still have a sugar problem. On about day three, I went into a big sugar detox. I caved and ate a date. While I don’t eat too many paleo treats, I like layering a little sweetness in my savory dishes. I am enjoying cooking and developing new recipes during this time! If you can’t tell, I am only posting Whole30 recipes during the month of January!
So I was trying to recreate one of my favorite holiday dips, but this came out more like the shall not be named rotel and cheese dip. I honestly didn’t care that it didn’t turnout how I wanted because I was too busy stuffing my face with this dip! With the Superbowl only a couple weeks away, I am already planning on making this rotel dip again. I love the Superbowl and always attempt to throw a party. This year might be a little more successful since I actually have cable.
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in filtered water overnight
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbls nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 10 oz can rotel or tomatoes and green chilies
- 3-4 oz salami, chopped
- Blend cashews in a high power blender.
- If the mixture isn’t coming together, drizzle in water.
- Add in yeast, salt, pepper and garlic power. Pulse until smooth.
- Stir in rotel and salami.
- Serve with cucumber slices and carrots.