A year ago if you told me I would be curing my own bacon and fermenting my own kombucha, I would have laughed so hard. First I didn’t even eat bacon at that time. Second I had just learned of my new love kombucha and had no clue I could make it myself. So much can change in a year. My paleo journey has come along way from eating so many eggs I never wanted to eat an egg again. Breakfast is my favorite meal! I’m super excited about this recipe because I absolutely devouring it! The combination of flavors is the best of all savory breakfast foods combined!
Any movie lovers in the house? Oscar-nominations were announced last week, and I am super disappointed Tom Hanks wasn’t nominated for Best Actor in Captain Phillips. I didn’t even think I would like this movie, and I ended up loving it! I probably annoyed people with how much I raved and insisted they go see it. Last night I watched Short Term 12 with Brie Larson. It was considered the sleeper hit out of SXSW last spring. It was really good but depressing. I have so many movies in theaters on my to-see list that it seems never ending! American Hustle, Saving Mr. Banks, August: Osage County, Her and Philomena.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 tbls ghee
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 bacon strips, crispy
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Broil sweet potatoes on high for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brown sausage in medium skillet.
- Crisp bacon in another large skillet.
- Once bacon is done, remove and 1 tablespoon ghee.
- Add in onion and cook until translucent.
- Then add sweet potatoes and crumbled bacon. Stir to combine.
- Grease 4 medium-sized ramekins or oven safe bowls.
- Scoop sweet potato, onion and bacon mixture in first. Then layer in sausage.
- Drizzle in beaten eggs into each ramekin. Top with tomatoes and basil.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are set.