So I posted this photo on my instagram before Thanksgiving promising the share the recipe for my apple butter pecan pie, and then I completely forgot to actually share it. I really wanted to make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving even though I have never really been a fan. I put a little twist on the traditional pie and decided pecans would pair great with apple butter. I made and canned a huge batch of this apple butter a couple weeks ago. I love making large batches and then canning the extras for later use! It saves so much time in the kitchen. Not to mention homemade jams, jellies and other canned goods can make great holiday gifts! Especially when finding store-bought canned goods without gross ingredients is almost impossible to find.
- Recipe from Elana's Pantry
- 2 tbls coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Follow dough recipe but do not pre-bake.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, apple butter and salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Let mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
- Now whisk in eggs until completely combines.
- Pour into crust and cook for 35-40 minutes on a lower rack until center is just set.