These last few days have been absolutely exhausting. Since 2006, I’ve moved 10 times, and I’m about to make it 11. I can’t believe I’ve moved so many times or so often. I hate moving. More specifically I hate packing. It takes forever! Somehow I always have too much stuff and not enough boxes. I cleaned out my closet and purged myself from clothes I never wear anymore. Even after donating 4 huge boxes to Goodwill, I still seem to have too much clothing.
Taking a break from packing, I made this amazing spicy sweet potato soup! It is so easy and quick. Throw everything into your blender, and you are good to go! And now back to packing…
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 chili in adobo sauce, deseeded
- 2 tsp adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Puncture sweet potato with a knife a couple time.
- Cook for 35 minutes. Let cool and remove skin.
- To save time, you can place the punctured sweet potato in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel for 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Serve with cubes of avocado, a swirl of coconut milk and a dash of paprika!
Recipe adapted from here.