Along with being on a crockpot kick, I’ve been on a serious chicken kick. Chicken and crockpot just go hand in hand. I never realized how easy chicken is to cook in a crockpot. The biggest bonus is how moist the chicken always turns out! This spicy mustard recipe is not only very easy, but you most likely have most of the ingredients already in your fridge.
**Update: If you can’t find red jalapeños for the chili-garlic sauce, I made this recipe with green jalapeños and it was fantastic! It just changes the color of the sauce a little. You can cut the sauce recipe in half to have less leftover. This sauce is a fantastic spicy addition to any dish!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbls honey
- 1 1/2 tbls dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbls stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tbls paleo chili garlic sauce, here (you can half the recipe)
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crockpot and pour sauce over it.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and pour sauce into small sauce pot.
- Heat sauce over medium to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken with sauce on top.