Yeah more pumpkin! This weekend I went to the pumpkin patch with my friend in Orange County. I haven’t been to a pumpkin patch in years, and it was so much fun! Pumpkins as far as the eye can see! After an hour of walking around, we both settled on a couple of pumpkins. I’m still debating if mine will be for decoration or pumpkin puree!
It’s starting to feel a little like fall in LA with cool rains dampening the constant sunshine. After my major fail pumpkin dessert, I decided to try one a little less labor intensive. These no bake pumpkin cookies are awesome and so easy to make! They aren’t too pumpkin-y if you aren’t 100% on the pumpkin bandwagon. I love how the subtle pumpkin flavor combines with the spices and coconut for the perfect bite-sized treat!
Update 9/17/14: It is once again pumpkin season, and I finally made these cookies again and reshot them. I tweaked the recipe a little to make it simpler if you already own pumpkin pie spice! I love customizing my own pumpkin pie spice, but I know lots of people have pumpkin pie spice on hand. Either way these no bake pumpkin cookies are still easy and delicious!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon*
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg*
- 1/4 tsp ginger*
- 1/4 tsp cloves*
- 1/4 tsp allspice*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- *Or 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Mix everything except coconut in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Stir until well combined and nuke for 20 seconds. You can skip this step if you don’t like using the microwave, but it melds the flavors of the sauce.
- In the same bowl, add in shredded coconut and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon mounds onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Move to airtight container and store in fridge for up to 5 days.