Life is about to get crazy! I am moving this weekend hopefully. I was hired at a new job! And I’m working hard on The Eighty-Twenty e-magazine. With everything going on, I might only share one recipe a week for the next couple weeks. I want to make sure I am giving you guys quality recipes and not just throwing something together to make sure I post twice a week. Who else hates moving? I am just not a fan. I’ve moved nine times in nine years. I’ve never lived anywhere longer than about a year, which is crazy! I’m hoping I am in my new apartment longer than a year purely because I can’t imagine moving again.
With that said, these pomegranate balsamic brussels sprouts are bomb! I am a huge fan of brussels sprouts, which is saying something because three years ago I gaged at the sight. I was convinced brussels sprouts were put on this Earth to torment small children and adults alike. Now I have seen the errors in my way. The key is roasting the sprouts. Roasting gives brussels sprouts a nice crunch and an added depth of flavor. The tart pomegranate juice and balsamic combine to make the perfect sauce for your pomegranate balsamic brussels sprouts. A sprinkle of pomegranate seeds not only adds an extra boost of flavor but also a burst of color! I might be getting a little ahead of myself but I am pretty sure I will be making these pomegranate balsamic brussels sprouts for my family’s Thanksgiving!
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, ends cut off and cut lengthwise
- 2 tbls ghee, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss brussels sprouts in ghee, salt and pepper.
- Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Stir and cook for another 20 minutes.
- While the sprouts are cooking, in a small sauce pot bring the pomegranate juice and balsamic vinegar to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You don’t want to over cook or you will have balsamic pomegranate candy!
- Pull the sprouts from the oven and drizzle with the pomegranate sauce.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve!