I’ve been cooking up a storm lately! I always follow a meal plan when going to the grocery store to make sure I don’t do any impulse purchases and to cut down on food waste. One thing that always still seems to go bad in my fridge is fresh herbs! I am totally guilty of this on occasion – but I hate when a recipe calls for 1 teaspoon fresh herb. I love love the flavor of fresh herbs but I hate the waste. Those $2 packs of fresh herbs can add up quick! In comes Dorot. Dorot is fresh herb cubes found in the frozen food isle. I headed over to my local Trader Joe’s to pick up a couple packs of Dorot herbs for my simple Gluten-free Pesto Bruschetta Sweet Potato Rounds!
Dorot come in a variety of herbs and vegetables including basil, cilantro, parsley, dill, garlic, ginger, sautéed onions and more. I used both the basil and garlic to make a quick dairy-free walnut pesto for a bright green layer to my Gluten-free Pesto Bruschetta Sweet Potato Rounds! I popped the herbs right out of the tray into my individual blender attachment poured in the olive oil, walnuts and seasoning and mixed until smooth. No chopping. No dicing. Quick and simple!
- 1 pack Dorot Basil
- 2 cubes Dorot garlic
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbls olive oil
- 3 tables walnut pieces
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/8th inch rounds
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend Dorot Basil, Dorot garlic, olive oil and walnut pieces in a blender until smooth.
- Brush sweet potato rounds with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip then cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Scoop pesto onto sweet potato rounds and top with diced cherry tomatoes.