Yeah I only have three days left of my Whole30, but I am planning on finishing strong. I cannot lie and say I haven’t come up with like 10 easy treat ideas for when I can eat honey by the spoonful again. Just kidding, I don’t eat it by the spoonful, but I do love it. I am planning on contenting to limit my treat consumption. During the Whole30, I’ve felt so good, and I don’t want to completely negate everything I’ve accomplished. I do enjoy making paleo treats, but I am going to focus on simple treats instead of complicated baking.
These bars are very similar to Larabars. I didn’t set out to make Larabars. I actually was trying to adapt Heather from Multiply Delicious Granola Bar to be Whole30 friendly. Somehow my adaptations completely changed the consistency of the recipe. I seem to be making a lot of happy accidents lately. I cut my flax fruit n’ nut bars into two-bite pieces to keep me from overindulging, but feel free to cut into bars.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/3 cup ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened apricots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened raisins
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod, scrapped
- 4-5 tbls warm water
- Pulse almonds, pecans, flax meal, apricots, raisins, dates, cinnamon and vanilla in a food processor until small bits.
- Slowly pulse in water until a ball forms.
- Press into a 8x8 baking dish and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Slice and serve!
- Best kept in the fridge.